Sunday, August 30, 2009

Trailer painted and being reassembled

I've just been working on the trailer over the last few weeks. I bought more wood for the boat, but I decided to just finish the trailer so I can get all these trailer parts and grease out of my garage. I primed and painted all the parts of the trailer, using a roller and brush. Like all my paint jobs, it's a 50 foot paint job, (it looks good from 50 feet away.) The color of the trailer is also the trim color for the boat, so they will match.


Now I'm slowly assembling the trailer ... if I can remember where all the parts go. (I took pics of everything before disassembly for reference.)


I painted the trailer frame instead of galvanizing it, because galvanizing was too expensive. I did however buy all galvanized replacement parts (which are not on the trailer yet), so the trailer will have galvanized wheels, hubs, and axle.

Next week, I'll show the completed trailer and perhaps some progress on the boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment