Sunday, July 12, 2009

Introduction

Hello everyone. In this blog, I'm going to describe the construction of a small sailboat in my small two car garage. This blog will allow family and friends to keep up-to-date on my progress (construction progress and money spent are shown to the right). The boat will take me a year or two to build, (actually, I have no idea.)

I also hope this blog will help others dreaming of building a boat. Going into this project, I have no knowledge of sailing or building a sailboat. I have limited woodworking and building experience of just a few projects around the house (a patio roof, patio furniture, a tool bench, etc.) I am going to attempt to build this boat using hand and power tools that most homeowners probably have, primary to keep costs down, but also to prove to others that you don't need to be a woodworker with a shop full of tools to make a boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment